Friday 13 January 2017

Giving Back/Giving Away

With all the projects I have with me what I really needed was another one! I popped home for the weekend and whilst I didn't have time to go through and catalogue things properly I did have time to open the box with unfinished things in. 

I grabbed this fabric (dyed in a dying class and pieced in a class about curves and points. I took a lot of QU classes about 10/12 years ago) and a scrap of wadding. I'm hand quilting it in lines that echo the shibori dying. This will then be trimmed to 12 1/2" (I've marked the area I will be cutting so I can keep my stitches inside and won't cut them when I trim the block) and be the first that will head to little island quilting for her Soy Amado quilts. You can read more on her blog. I'm planning to get a good few blocks done to send this way. It will be a good way to clear out blocks for quilts that I just don't feel the love for anymore and that I know I won't end up finishing.



No comments: