Monday 22 March 2010

Busy Beaver

I've been a busy beaver for the last couple of weeks. I went through my stash and pulled all of the yarn that I'd bought for baby or child projects. I looked through my patterns and picked a few projects, some tried and tested and some new. Then I made up kits, I put a copy of the pattern in a freezer bag along with the required yarn. I'm away again next week, for around three months this time. Now I have a box of knit kits which I can dip into and just start knitting. This will hopefully speed up productivity as I won't loose time having to match yarn and pattern each time, and I also don't need to carry a box of books and magazines in addition to the box of yarn ;) I need to get some of these cardigans and jumpers done before the recipients grow up too much.

I've also been cranking out the knitting. Eric - the evil cardigan of doom - is almost done. It just needs buttons and edging. I've also started on kit #1. A ribbon tied hoodie in pink and um, pink. I've made this a couple of times but this time I'm trying to knit it without needing to do any seaming. The back and fronts are being knit in one piece, and I'm planning to pick up stitches and knit downwards for the sleeves. This will also give me some wiggle room if I need to alter the sleeves due to lack of yarn! I've also finished knitting my French Press Slippers, they 'just' need sewing together and felting. I've got another week off and hope that I'll get one or more finished and blogged before I have to pack the car and head off again.

No comments: