Monday 8 March 2010

Mittens


Pattern : Bella's Mittens
Needles: Bamboo DPN's
Yarn: Rowan Little Big Wool (pink - 501 , Green - 511 )
This was another pattern found by lurking on the people page at Ravelry looking at all the completed projects. As I read through the Twilight Series at top speed last spring and a number of my friends had both read the books and watched the first two movies, these seemed like ideal christmas gifts. I had a look at the pattern page on Ravelry to see what yarns other people had used and spotted a fair few pairs made up in Rowan Little Big Wool. I have used this yarn a few times for different projects; hats, scarves and even a jumper (beautifully warm but gigantic and unshapely so only used in the privacy of my dad's very cold home!) and it knits up nicely. I soon discovered that the yarn had been discontinued but spotted some on ebay. I picked up packs in four different colours. The left overs will be used up in a blanket I'm planning for myself with oddments of Rowan chunky yarn from the stash (Big Wool, Biggy Print and Little Big Wool).
I knit up three pairs of these before Christmas and a third just after. The pattern is free and available here. It is written very well and easy to follow. I used DPN's for these as I'm not a fan of the magic loop method that the pattern calls for. Only the first pair got blocked as I didn't have time with the others, it didn't seem to make much difference anyway.

No comments: