Sunday 30 January 2011

11 in 11

I've seen a few variations on this Ravelry with people pledging to knit 11 shawls or sweaters or pairs of socks in 2011. While I would love to knit myself 11 sweaters by the end of the year I know that this just wouldn't happen. It would be at least 2 full time jobs worth of knitting time and I'd need 2 full time jobs to fund that quantity of yarn! I'm also continuing last years pledge of using up my stash and there isn't really enough of any one yarn to knit me a sweater.

The Aim

:: Knit 11 items in 2011

The Rules

:: The yarn has to come from the stash
:: The pattern has to be one I've wanted to knit for a while
:: I have to finish before midnight December 31st 2011

I have put a group of patterns into my queue on Ravelry that are contenders. They are a mixture of lace, cables, baby sweaters, shawls and so on all of which could be made from the stash. There are more than 11 items on the list so that I can choose what I fancy as the year goes on and I see how much work/free time that I have.



One down, ten to go!

No comments: