Thursday 27 January 2011

Green and White Cardigan



Pattern: V-neck Cardigan with Contrast Ribs by Debbie Bliss from Baby Knits for Beginners
Needles: 4mm bamboo
Yarn: Sidar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK
Cast on: May 2010
Cast off: December 2010



This was another of the baby kits that I put together last spring. Having finished it just before Christmas it sat in my knitting basket for only a few weeks before being sent to some friends for their new arrival. I adapted this pattern in the same way as Pink, Pink, Pink to be knit with as little seaming as possible. I did however, cast off and seam the shoulder stitches as casting off front and back shoulders together on Pink, Pink, Pink didn't look very neat. As I had plenty of yarn this time I picked up stitches around the armhole and knit each sleeve separately. The cream rib yarn came from the stash and the buttons were from Franklins in Salisbury and picked to help tie the two colours together


No comments: