Wednesday 3 October 2012

Baby Yours


Look some one made me a cardi!

Pattern: Baby Yours by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Needles: 3.5mm bamboo 
Cast On: July 2011
Cast Off: December 2011


This is the companion pattern to Baby Mine. Where as the Baby Mine has delicate lacy detail on the sleeves and body - perfect for a little girl - Baby Yours has chunky cables and lovely off centre buttons.

Hey, look at me, aren't I cute in my cardi?

When my friend announced that she was expecting I knew this was the perfect knit for her. And with a Scottish dad the yarn - Ghillie Dhu - that I had purchased with the pattern was perfect too. Ghillie Dhu is an off white, it has the lightest hint of green to it in a delicately variegated yarn.


The pattern is really sweet. A nice boxy little boy cardigan with a great cable on the front and moss stitch borders and sleeves. I love the interest of the a-symetric buttons allowing for the wide cable motif on the front.

Look, here's my man an C & A pose.


I went for nice chunky wooden buttons for this knit. Again, these were from John Lewis and chosen for this cardigan.

Dude, enough with the photos already. I know I'm cute but seriously!

Mmm, cosy cardi xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and he looks so sweet in it. Love th chunkiness of it.